INTRODUCTION TO MINDFUL LEADERSHIP: 6-Week Course
Mondays, April 10 – May 15, 2017, 5:30-7:30pm
Hosted at Edgewood College, Madison, WI
This 6-week course offers a unique opportunity for participants to learn how mindfulness concepts and practices can help us cultivate our natural abilities to lead with excellence. This course will involve in-class and outside of class mindfulness practices aimed at cultivating our innate qualities of awareness, focus, authenticity, and compassion, qualities that enhance our ability as leaders to create safe and trusting environments, where there is openness and respect for each person’s background, experiences, style, skills, and contributions. This training will also provide the opportunity for participants to explore ways these qualities can apply to the work of creating more diverse, inclusive, and equitable environments.
Benefits of Mindfulness Training at Work:
- Mental focus and concentration
- Time management
- Interpersonal communication
- Conflict management
- Team effectiveness
- Innovation and inspiration
- Ability to anticipate and serve clients/consumers needs
- Identify, understand, and start to embody qualities that make up a good leader especially in the context of an organization that seeks to promote and support diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Describe and experience ways mindfulness practices support and cultivate excellence in leadership.
- Describe some key fundamentals of mindful leadership and how they apply to your work and goals
- Describe mindfulness practices, your own experience with these practices, and ways these practices might support your well-being at work and at home.
- Connect and learn from other participants
Hosted at Edgewood College and open to the community – Registration not yet open. Please complete Contact Form for registration dates.